Sunday, May 23, 2010

Addy's Nursery

The nursery has come a long way! Thanks to our very generous loved ones, we got a ton of Adalynn's things at my shower May 1. Shirley painted several weeks ago and Nick put in the chair rail and built the bookcase. I am so excited for her to come. I went in there and just sat in the rocking chair today thinking about how wonderful it will be to have her here in 10 weeks or so. I want to share some pictures from my shower and from the nursery. Note about the shower pictures: I am big, but my shiny dress makes me look like a beach ball. I am NOT about to pop yet.



The bookcase that Nick build for his little girl. I am so impressed with his handyman-ness. It was not a kit or anything :)



















Me with Addy's Grammie and Mimi







Outside of baby- land, two weeks left in school until I will be out for the summer! I will definitely miss some of my students but I am ready for the break. Nick and I had a wonderful weekend together. On Friday night we went to the Churchill Pop Show to watch several of my students perform. Nick was such a good sport about it and it is great for me to see the kids outside of the classroom setting. We finished off the evening with some Coldstone ice cream which is a great way to finish any day. On Saturday we did some housework and then went to a dinner party hosted by one of Nick's clients. There were people there from Mexico and Uruguay as well as Texas and California so there were many views represented and it was an evening of great conversation. (OMG we are getting old. Everyone else there was 35+ and we had a good time...)
On Sunday we went to church and then lunch with my parents. We went for an afternoon swim and then enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Aldaco's to celebrate the engagement of our good friend Derek Brown to his lovely fiancee Kelly Anne. They are so sweet and we are really looking forward to their wedding in Destin, Florida next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment