Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dallas

Nick, Adalynn and I just got home from Addy's first out of town trip. It is so different traveling with a baby! She had 4 times as much stuff as either of us and made all of our stops take extra long but it was worth it to get to go to Dallas and visit Ryan and Aubra.



We left San Antonio Friday at noon with a clean, full, sleepy baby and a car stuffed with a pack and play, baby bathtub, diapers, wipes, bottles, and enough baby clothes (I thought) to get us through a week. After a relatively easy 6 hour drive we had a dirty, hungry, crying baby. Nick gave her a bath after unloading the car and she proceeded to pee on him before he could get her diaper on.


She pulled out her nice manners to hang out with Aubra and when Ryan got in town we all went out for a burger for dinner. She was so quiet and good during dinner and afterwords when we sat outside and enjoyed some live music. She amazed Nick and me by sleeping from 11 at night until 6 in the morning Saturday.


First thing in the morning she threw up on my pajamas so we got to do a load of laundry at Aubra's after being in town for approximately 12 hours. Aubra and I relaxed and made lunch while Nick was at a conference for work and Ryan studied.



Addy got to enjoy the first of many girls shopping trips in the afternoon and then we made a yummy dinner at home and rented a chic flick while the guys went and watched a fight. I made a fatal error of not following Adalynn's bedtime routine and payed dearly for it later.


Here is where things turned south- Adalynn was so sweet and snugly I couldn't wake her up for a bath so I let her sleep in my arms during the movie. I put her in bed around 11 and things looked good. At 3 am, Adalynn decided she had slept enough and was up for the rest of the night. Fortunately she never screamed or woke up our patient hosts but Nick and I definitely got some "quality time" with her taking turns napping until about 8:30 in the morning when we started packing up to come home. Thank you Adalynn- lesson learned.


Luckily we were able to make great time on the drive home today and are hopefully getting back on track with her sleep schedule. Adalynn is once again clean, fed, and asleep in bed. Lets hope she stays that way for a long time. Mom and dad need a break!


We had such a great time hanging out with our friends and introducing them to Adalynn. I wish Dallas was closer to San Antonio with all my heart! I think next visit we will fly!







No comments:

Post a Comment