Sunday, November 7, 2010

Amarillo by morning


Addy's first plane ride
Nick, Addy and I spent a fun filled weekend in Amarillo to see my cousin Houston get married to sweet Melanie. We flew in Friday in time for the rehearsal dinner. I got to spend time helping set up with William while Nick and Addy got settled in. The rehearsal dinner was so much fun. The favors were adorable- Rita got Mel and Houston's pictures on boxes of Sour Patch Kids candies because they both love them and got their engagement picture on a root beer bottle. They were wrapped up in cellophane bags and out on every table. It was such a unique and tasty idea!

Love my cousins and brother

Nick took Adalynn to the indoor pool for her first swim. He said she is "reserving judgement" about whether she liked it or not. I think the temperature was not what she was hoping for.





Saturday, Addy and I went to the bridal brunch and then we watched football with Nick all afternoon. Saturday night was the wedding. Addy was perfect (she slept through the whole thing). It was seriously one of the most beautiful and romantic weddings I have ever been to. The minster talked about things Mel and Houston had said that they love about each other and things each of their parents had said. Houston and Mel are so in love and so sweet together- they are fun to watch. I was too busy having a blast to take many pictures but I have a few.

We flew back today and have been doing tons of laundry and trying to get ready for the week. Our dear friend Trey lost his dad this weekend so we went to the viewing this afternoon. Please keep Trey and his mom in your prayers this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment