Friday, September 24, 2010

Meet the Teacher, Better with You, and Bye Bye Baby

It has been a fabulous week in the Wood house. On Tuesday I went to Greenback night which is Churchill's version of meet the teacher. It was exciting to see several of my co-workers and get to meet the parents of a few of my students. I am super nervous about one of my classes that I keep hearing less than stellar news about but I know by January they will be on a roll and doing things the way I need them to. It may just be a few rough weeks with a lot of solo book work for a few of them- its a good thing I'm not looking to make new 16 year old friends.

Wednesday I got to visit the doctor, cook spaghetti and meatballs during nap time, and enjoy a fantastic night of tv. There is a new show stuffed in between "The Middle" and "Modern Family" called "Better with You". It features 3 couples from the same family (hmm, followed by modern family, 3 couples from the same family, just a bit less conventional) and their relationships. One of the stars is Joanna Garcia (brunette on the left) and I think she is adorable. Nick and I loved watching Reba where she played Cheyenne, a pregnant teenager who marries her boyfriend and follows their relationship with one another and with Reba. Well, in "Better with You" Joanna plays a girl who gets pregnant and is now engaged. I know that seeing these predictable patterns in show themes and characters should make me think the show is dumb and un-original but I will admit, I think it was cute and funny and I totally plan to watch. Wednesdays may just become my grading papers in front of the tv nights.

Thursday I went to the dentist while Lolly (Shirley) watched Adalynn. The three of us went to a girls lunch at Nordstrom and I got a cute new birthday outfit. I am not yet back to my fighting weight but I am looking and feeling a lot better. Pregnancy puts your body through the ringer!

Today Addy and I did a little shopping at Target to get her a jacket and some bottles for daycare. I am starting to feel sad about not being with my girl all the time. I am so sad about missing little things that she does and not being the one to pick her up every time she cries. I love knowing her like no one else does and I am so jealous that I can't be that person forever. I know it is good for me personally to have to let go a little bit because I could cling to this time forever.

If I had to pick a year to relive for the rest of my life it would be this one. I am married to my high school sweetheart and have a beautiful baby. But I know that is not an option and my prayer is that although I want Adalynn to have the happiest childhood ever, I want her best year to be 25 as well. I want her to get to be in love, be successful and happy, and someday have beautiful children of her own. I am so glad that is far away. I will treasure this time forever and happily share each new stage of her life with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment