Monday, September 13, 2010

Party Hosting with Baby= hard. Who knew?

Another weekend has flown by and I am another week closer to returning to work. I have mixed feelings about it, part of me knows that I do love my job and I am excited to meet my students but I know I will miss having so much time with Adalynn. Also my tv will get significantly less use when I go back as I will no longer be keeping up with the Kardashians.

Adalynn turned one month old on Saturday so she has been transitioning into her own room. That has been much harder for me than it has for her. I don't know when the instinct to freak out if the baby isn't crying kicks in but I find myself checking to be sure she is still breathing several times a night. I have walked a mile up and down our hallway in the last three nights! Not surprisingly for those of you that are concerned, she is still alive and well.

We spent Saturday morning with some great clients of MPT at the run group and then prepared for Cari and Greg's baby shower at our house Saturday evening. Friday night I got approximately 30 minutes of sleep which made Saturday a long and interesting day.

When we got home from running, Nick set out to mow the yard and then the three of us were going to go to Costco to get food for the shower. The only trouble was that Nick's weed eater broke and he was more than a little perturbed by that. Oh and Adalynn was very unhappy and made sure I was too. So crying baby and I set off for the store on our own while angry Nick searched frantically for the weed eater warranty.

Fortunately for my my mom also needed to go to Costco so she came with Addy and me. Addy has a habit of sleeping sweetly when in the presence of any grandparent so they all think I am crazy when I say she is fussy. Our parents are not old enough to be senile yet so the reason they believe she is a sleeping angel at all times must be some trick she has played on them. Babies are very tricky you know.

Anyway, we got food, got Addy's things together for an evening with Grammie, and got the house ready for 20 people to come over. My mom kept Adalynn at her house during the party and bathed her and got her ready for bed. I seriously had to pack a suitcase to get all of her things that she needs together. She may be slightly high maintenance. Nick borrowed a weed eater from a friend and disassembled the Foosball table from our dining room (classy, I know) so we could put in a real table and pretend to be grown ups for the evening. The shower turned out beautifully despite Murphy's best attempts at enforcing her law.

Sunday we went to church and enjoyed the day relaxing and watching football with family and friends. I love football season and having a clean house. Speaking of which I need to fold towels while Adalynn is still asleep if I want to continue to have a clean house. And if you are in the market for a Foosball table, do not hesitate to let us know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment